SoF Culture…Why We Exist:
State of Fitness was created to shelter and nurture people who are seeking a more fit life but can’t find the help and support they need to be successful in traditional fitness environments. Why do we feel training is crucial to success? Fitness is motion, and motion is life. If a person wants to maintain a high standard of living throughout their life, it is imperative to participate in a challenging fitness program several times a week at a minimum. The key to achieving success in fitness is strength training, which is at the heart of our training programs.
Our Motto of Success:
Strong people who move well and move often have a better quality of life.
Our Mission Statement:
State of Fitness is a leading Mid-Michigan training facility that specializes in results-based fitness programs, sports performance, and healthy lifestyle guidance, empowering the lives of all who walk through our doors.
- We provide leadership through training.
- Everyone is trained as an athlete, no matter age or current conditioning.
- our clients are treated as equals. We do not discriminate against anyone for any reason – age, weight, color, sexual orientation, etc.
- Strength training is the foundation for success. if a person only works out once a week, it should be in strength training.
- upright, holistic, and full body training is the core of our training philosophy.
- You cannot out-train a bad diet. We teach nutrition by the art of reduction. We do not believe in diets, rather, we believe in seeking a healthier life through developing better habits, one at a time.
- Cardio only works if the intensity is present. • do not work to failure in a personal workout, but always to challenge. • lift heavy, lift often.
- Everyone has something to work on. Every client brings us some type of physical issue that must be solved. Spend more time on what the client can do and less time on what they can’t. Everyone can do something that will benefit him or herself over time.