At SOF we pride ourselves in taking care of our members. We teach and correct proper exercise technique. We offer consults to better understand your goals, in turn, providing you a more tailored service. We try to get to know you on a personal level to strengthen trainers to member communication. At the end of the day, we just want to give you everything you need to succeed with your fitness goals.
At the end of a session have you ever felt like you could have gotten more out of it? I think everyone has.
As a trainer at SOF, I can say I try to give 100% of my effort to every session but sometimes that isn’t enough. I have narrowed it down to one major component to why some members might feel this way; Communication.
Sounds simple right?
Communication with your trainer is crucial if you want to get everything out of your session. This doesn’t necessarily mean sharing everything going on with your everyday life. But it does mean to provide these basic things.
- Coaching style- Do you want to be verbally pushed? Do you enjoy conversing while working out, or do you wanna skip the talk and just get after it? How detailed do you want our exercise technique coaching to be?- we will always coach to keep you safe but we can always find a way to improve your technique.
- Goals- Chances are you won’t sit down and consult with every trainer. Simply telling those trainers your goals goes a long way, we want to manipulate the workout to better suit you.
- Physical health- Do you have a condition that we need to know about? Are you super sore from a previous workout? Do you have an injury? All of these are things you should tell your trainer. We can manipulate the workout for you.
- Motivation- How are you feeling that day? Do you need an extra kick in the butt that day, or do you just wanna get in and get out? Let the trainer know.
- Life- For many of you that hour at the gym is an hour away from the chaos of life. As a personal trainer at SOF, I can say that I want to hear about what’s going on with you. If it makes you feel better to share and talk about those things I want to be there for you.
At the end of the day, it’s all about communication. Providing us with information to better suit you is the difference between a good session and a great one.