This almond butter is the PERFECT balance of nutty, creamy, salty, and a touch of sweet! Making your own nut butter gives you quality control over the ingredients. Try with apple slices for a healthy indulgence!
- 3 cups of raw almonds
- 1 cup of raw walnuts
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 1.5 teaspoons pink Himalayan salt (or sea salt!)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Spread the raw nuts out on a baking sheet
- Bake nuts for about 20-25 minutes, stirring/flipping/moving it all around at about 12 minutes.
- DON’T BURN THEM! After 20 minutes I usually take a bite of an almond and see if it’s a bit soft.
- Let them cool when done.
- Put the nuts into a food processor. Turn that baby ON!
- Stay near the food processor because you will have to turn it off and scrape down the sides every so often.
- Once the nuts break down and start getting buttery, add in the salt, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Taste test every once in a while.
- Process until super creamy (it will be slightly grainy unless you have an AMAZING food processor).
- Store in jars/containers.