This flank steak recipe is one of the easiest things I’ve ever made, and my husband and I eat it on a regular basis. My aunt gave me the recipe and probably adapted it from Ina Garten, who is a wonderful chef but I’m not exactly sure of its original source. Regardless, it’s fantastic and oh-so-simple.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1.5-2 lbs flank steak
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup soy sauce (or aminos)
- 2 tsp ground ginger (dry, or use more of fresh!)
And here’s all you need to do:
1. Mix together olive oil, soy sauce, and ginger.
2. Score flank steak diagonally in both directions, about 1/8 to ¼ inch thick scores.
3. Place steak into a large plastic Ziploc baggie. Pour marinade into the bag. Let the steak marinate for at least 4 hours, but overnight is best.
4. Grill steak for 5-6 minutes on each side for medium rare. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Seriously, so easy! It takes no time to prepare and hardly any time to cook. “How fabulous is that?” (Ina reference… anyone, anyone?)
We usually eat it with either a simple salad or some roasted veggies and maybe a sweet potato. Here are some good options to serve with:
- Roasted veggies (Brussels sprouts or broccoli would be great)
- Baked potato or sweet potato
- Steamed rice and stir-fried veggies
- Also pairs well with a glass of red wine (just sayin’)