Crockpot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Enjoy a warm bowl of oatmeal, ready as soon as you wake up! This overnight crockpot recipe is so easy and tasty, it will satisfy everyone. Making it ahead of time ensures you will have a healthy meal even if your mornings are rushed.
- 2 apples, cored, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 can (13.4 fl oz) of coconut milk (or 1.5 cups of regular milk, almond, etc)
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons of brown sugar (optional)
- Optional garnishes: chopped nuts, raisins, dried fruit, honey
1. Either coat the entire inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Or spray a heat-proof bowl and place inside your crockpot, like a double boiler.
2. Add ingredients to the slow cooker or bowl. If using the bowl, add in water in between crockpot and bowl to fill up to the mixture. Cook on low for 7-8 hours. If using the double boiler method 8-9 hours is perfect. If using just the crockpot, more like 7, being careful, it doesn’t burn.
3. Add toppings if desired. Store leftovers!