Who wants something super delicious and super easy for their next meal? I’m hoping your hand is up or you’re saying, “Me, me!” Most of the ingredients in this enchilada recipe I have on hand, they’re found on my grocery list and make it easy to put this together. A couple ingredients have to be specifically bought.
This recipe packs a punch with quinoa, beans and maybe some more protein if you add it in. It could be a great vegetarian option. You can halve this recipe very easily. There are about 10-12 servings in this recipe. I just like to make large amounts.
- 2 cups of dry quinoa
- 2 10oz can of red enchilada sauce
- 1 14 oz can of tomatoes and green chilies (unless you have some fresh tomatoes from the garden?)
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained (I have used both dry and canned. Make sure you soak and cook the beans if you’re using dry)
- 1 can of corn, I usually rinse these (we have used fresh, as well)
- 4 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- cheese, plain Greek yogurt, avocado for topping
- Meat to add in. I’ve used a pound of ground beef (seasoned with Mexican flavors) and/ a pound of diced chicken, as well (not both together). Make sure to cook these ahead of time.
HOW TO MAKE THE ENCHILADA BAKE:
- Cook the quinoa, meat, and if you’re using dry beans, ahead of time.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add cooked quinoa, beans, corn, enchilada sauce, spices and cilantro. Mix together. Mix in meat.
- Spray or oil a baking dish, whatever size or shape you want.
- Spread the mixture in the dish. Top with cheese if desired.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until bubbly.
- Enjoy this amazingness!