GNOCCHI CHICKEN SOUP
This is a recipe for one of my favorite soups. It is comforting and delicious. It does have some half-and-half, which I would not normally have on hand. I will literally buy it for this recipe. It can be omitted but I do think it adds a richness to the soup.
1 medium zucchini, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
2 carrots, diced finely
4 cloves of garlic, chopped/minced
1/2 cup all purpose flour or gluten free flour
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup half and half
2 cups milk (i use unsweetened almond)
2 cups or more of shredded rotisserie chicken
1 (16 ounce) package of small gnocchi
2 cups torn fresh spinach
salt and pepper to taste
- Melt olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Cook and stir the veggies and garlic until they’re soft. Stir in the flour and coat the veggies. Cook 2 more minutes.
- Stir chicken broth into veggies. It will become thicker and smooth. Pour in the half-and-half and milk, bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened, even more, about 5 minutes.
- Fold in the chicken, gnocchi, and spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let simmer for a while longer until the gnocchi is done, about 1-3 minutes usually, they will float to the top.
- Enjoy! Can store in the freezer.
Learn more about State of Fitness by clicking the picture link below!