-1 lb chicken breasts
-1 lb dry pinto beans, rinsed
– 1 jar of salsa
– 1 chopped yellow onion
-3.5 cups of water
-taco seasoning (chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, red crushed pepper)
1. Add beans, water, salsa to crockpot. Stir around to get beans coated.
2. Place chicken breasts on top.
3. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 7-8.
4. After 3 hours, remove lid and mix everything around (if you are around).
5. After 5-6 hours, remove lid, use two forks to shred the chicken, add in 2-3 tablespoons of taco seasoning.
6. Serve with avocado, plain greek yogurt, more salsa, whatever else you desire (jalapenos, cilantro, etc)!