The push up is an outstanding core-strengthening exercise if done properly. Learning how to do a proper push-up will be a lifelong tool to increase strength, build muscle and burn fat. Best of all you only need is your bodyweight to do it!
- Start by lying down on the floor to prep the body
- Bring your legs together and tuck your toes
- Straighten your legs out and keep them tight
- Squeeze your butt and abs
- Bring your hands near your armpits
- Tuck your chin and pull your head back
- Elevate your feet; use Olympic rings, or external weight to increase intensity. To decrease intensity, go on your knees. I will be going over some variations next!
- Hold your body tight and push-up!
Want to talk about your workout? We can help!